Hello! I really hope its lovely and sunny with you today, because its time to go to the gun show! That’s right today we’re talking about muscles, just for a minute let’s go!
- Muscle can be defined as a band or bundle of fibrous tissue in a human or animal body that has the ability to contract, producing movement in or maintaining the position of parts of the body.
- There are three different kinds of muscle – smooth, cardiac, and skeletal muscle.
- There are more than 600 muscles in the body, doing everything from pumping blood to moving food through the intestines, to helping lift heavy objects.
- Muscles are the most dense thing in your body. They make up approximately 40% of your body weight.
- To take one step, you use 200 muscles.
- It takes 17 muscles to smile and 43 to frown.
Hope you’ve enjoyed todays episode. Make sure you check back here next Tuesday for a very special 50th episode of 6 in 60!
Want more 6 in 60 – click here!