I thought for the next 3 blogs we would look back into the human body and look at blood, skeletons and muscle. Enjoy!
- Blood can be defined as the fluid that circulates in the principal vascular system of human beings and other vertebrates, in humans consisting of plasma in which the red blood cells, white blood cells, and platelets are suspended.
- Blood pH is held from 7.35 to 7.45 making it slightly basic.
- There are four main blood groups (types of blood): A, B, AB and O. Your blood group is determined by the genes you inherit from your parents. Each group can be either RhD positive or RhD negative, which means your blood group can be one of the eight types
- Scientists have estimated the volume of blood in the human body to be eight percent of body weight.
- The body contains approximately 0.2 milligrams of gold that is most diffused with our blood. However, you would need to bleed 40,000 people dry just to collect enough blood to make an 8-gram souvenir.
- Coconut water can be used in emergencies as a replacement for blood plasma. This is because coconut water possesses identical properties to that of human plasma, and since it can be safely injected directly into the bloodstream.
I got the first from just a standard dictionary (yes I still use them!). The second fact is from medicnet but you can find this all over the internet. The third fact comes form this nhs page. The last three facts come from medical daily which can be found here.
Want more 6 in 60 – click here!