Hello! So my big personal goal for this year is to get healthy. I see people talk about Vitamins all the time but I’ll be real, I didn’t know what they did! I know they’re important and part of healthy lifestyle so over this month I’m going to be learning a bit more about vitamins and hopefully you will too! Starting off with Vitamin E.
- The specific amount of vitamin E you need depends on your weight, age and any special health issues or concerns.
- Nuts, seeds, whole grains and green leafy vegetables and all foods rich in vitamin E.
- Vitamin E is needed for healthy functioning of a lot of the main systems, including your immune system.
- Vitamin E also acts as an antioxidant, which protects cell membranes
- Any vitamin E your body doesn’t need immediately is stored for future use
- Vitamin E deficiency is rare in humans. People who cannot absorb dietary fat or who have rare disorders of fat metabolism cannot absorb vitamin E.