Welcome to another 6 in 60, this time I wanted to talk about one of the things that makes the world go round, its all about H2O! Let’s Go!
- A massive 71% of the earth’s surface is covered in water with oceans holding about 96.5% of all earth’s water!
- At the basics water is a chemical compound built from 2 hydrogen atoms and one oxygen atom connected with covalent bonds.
- Water cycles in what is called the hydrological cycle, simply put this is the process of water moving through different states.
- Up to 60% of an adult human body is water.
- It is advised that you should drink 8 glasses of water or about 2 litres each day, although this does change dependant on your weight.
- Water is vital for life and what makes earth so special.
Told you guys I’d be on time this week! Coming up later on this week I’ve got another poisonous plant being added to the poisons collection and a little surprise coming on Saturday! But to finish I’ll leave a classic joke below!
The first fact comes from the U.S. geological society. The second fact is widely documented and you should be able to find this in any good text book or with a quick google but if you want heres a link from the university of arizona. The hydrological cycle in fact three is kind of difficult to put simply but here is the link for the gcse bitesize explanation (I’ll write a blog post on it soon). The fourth fact comes from the USGS again. The fifth fact is widely documented but heres a link for web md. Heres a link to find out more for the sixth fact!