Yeah, I know this normally comes on a Tuesday but what can I say I’m busy and life gets stressful! So as a way to procrastinate lets chat about stress!
- Stress can be defined as “A state of mental or emotional strain or tension resulting from adverse or demanding circumstances”.
- Stress can play in a role in many other health problems such as heart conditions, diabetes and high blood pressure.
- Post traumatic stress disorder, otherwise known as PTSD is an anxiety disorder that can occur after someone has been through a particularly stressful event.
- PTSD can be common in soldiers and those who have been in warfare.
- Chronic stress can be resolved by adopting a healthy lifestyle but some may require therapy.
Adrenaline, Cortisol, Norepinephrine are the three main stress hormones more on them in another episode!
Hope you enjoyed this week! There is a lot more on this topic so expect a part 2 coming up soon. I promise I’ll be on time next week!
The first one is the definition straight out of the dictionary. The second is widely documented but here’s the link for web MD on stress. The third and fourth come from a paper written by Zoladz and Diamond in 2013 on PTSD. The fifth again is widely documented but here is a link from bupa. The sixth if you cant wait to here more on the chemicals is from an article in the huffington post.