Hello, Welcome to the second post of Halloween Week and the last 6 in 60 of October. How time does fly! This is all about the fruit of the season, apples! Let’s go!
- Apple seeds can kill you… Okay you would have to eat an awful a lot of them. The seeds contain a small amount of cyanide.
- Apples are in the Rose family otherwise known as the Rosaceae
- China is actually the biggest producer of apples producing 37 million tonnes in 2012
- Apple trees can take up to five years before producing their first fruit
- Apples contain no fat or sodium.
- Apples have been known to be good for our health for a long time hense the phrase an apple a day keeps the doctor away!
See you in November!
Luckily I am fairly knowledgeable about apples so I did know abouy all of these facts from my studies but here are some sources. The first fact is from chemistry.com however facts 2-5 can be found at farm flavour. Number 6 comes from the huffington post.