Hello! welcome to this weeks 6 in 60! This week is all about my number 1 weakness, my own kryptonite – Chocolate!
- Your brain produces dopamine (otherwise known as the happy chemical) when you eat or think about chocolate!
- Dark chocolate has been shown to boost heart healthy antioxidants. Although if you have a glass of milk with your chocolate this reverses the affect.
- Chocolate is derived from the cocoa plant also known as Theobroma cacoa.
- The Ivory Coast is the number 1 nation for the production of the cocoa bean plant.
- Chocolate was used as a currency in the mayan culture in south america.
- Chocolate contains a powerful stimulant called theobromine. Theobromine posioning can cause heart failure along with kidney damage.
Don’t know about you but I could totally go for a twix right now! Til next week!
Number 1 is brought to you by how stuff works! Number 2 is brought from a study presented in 2003 in the new scientist. Number 3 is welll documented but here is the link to the encyclopedia page on the plant. Number 4 comes from worldatlas here. Number 5 and 6 come from an article by the telegraph celebrating world chocolate day.