Another Tuesday, another set of 6 facts! This week I thought I’d look at some of the most deadly things in this wonderful world of ours. As always the 6 facts should take you less than a minute to read and all of my sources are at the bottom. Let’s Go!!!
- Ricinus communis or the castor oil plant is widely seen but enough as digesting just 4 seeds is enough to kill you within 3 -5 days if left untreated.
- The black death that covered europe killed 75 to 200 million people in the 14th century. This plague was caused by a bacterium called Yersinia pestis.
- The komodo dragon is the largest living lizard species and thanks to their venemous bite inhibiting blood clotting it is deadly.
- The box jellyfish is known for being the most venomous jelly on the planet. Whats less known is that sea turtles are unaffected by there sting and actually eat them!
- The fungi responsible for up to 90% of fungus related deaths is called the Deathcap (Amanita phalloides) and is very common throughout Britain and Ireland.
- The cape buffalo is described as the most dangerous game animal. They are surprisingly fast and is responsible for on average 200 human deaths a year.
I hope that this has informed you slightly to the wonderful killers out there. See you next week for more!
Number 1 comes from a list by