- We’ve been eating porridge since the stone age. There is new evidence to suggest the process of grinding oats by humans started over 32,000 years ago.
- Children who regularly eat breakfast, especially a high fibre cereal, may help prevent getting type 2 diabetes.
- Chameleons are the only lizards that can eat breakfast. There tounge uncoiling action to grab bugs acts just as fast in the colder weather compared to later on in the day.
- Chimps have been shown to plan ahead for breakfast. They have been seen to sleep in more dangerous locations to be closer to breakfast feeding sites
- Free school breakfasts have been shown to improve grades of school children. Especially in maths and science!
- High protien breakfasts have been shown to prevent a gain in body fat and keeps you fuller for longer. Break out those eggs!
Thats all for now and a very good morning to you all.
Number 1 came from an article by Iona Twaddell for the new scientist. You can read the full article here. Number 2 came from a research article from september last year by Donin et al. You can read the full article here. Number 3 also came from a slightly older article in teh new scientist written by James Urquhart. The full article is here and comes with a great video. Number 4 comes from research completed by the university of Callifornia, the full article is here. Number 5 although a widely researched area this is new research completed by the university of Iowa. The full article is here. Number 6 comes from research completed by the university of Missouri-Columbia and the article on Science Daily can be found here.